Following my first post on F1 and its facts, and since most of my friends requested to include some facts about this fascinating driver, lets wake up our memories about Ayrton Senna.
Ayrton Senna is widely considered as one of the best drivers in the history of this sport, and many believe that if not the fatal crash of San Marino Grand Prix in 1994, which accounted the life of Senna, he would have stood above Michael Schumacher, the seven time F1 Championship winner.
(Born – 21st Mar, 1960, Died – 1st May, 1994)
- Nationality – Brazilian
- First Race – 1984 Brazilian Grand Prix
- First Championship point – South African Grand Prix, 1984
- First win – 1985 Portuguese Grand Prix
- Last win – 1993 Australian Grand Prix
- Last race – 1994 San Marino Grand Prix
- Total races – 162
- Wins - 41
- Championships – 3 (1988, 1990 & 1991)
- Senna holds the record for most victories at the prestigious Monaco Grand Prix (6) and is the third most successful driver of all time in terms of race wins.
- In a survey conducted with 217 Formula1 drivers by the British magazine “Auto Sport” ranked, Ayrton Senna as the best ever driver in the history of F1.
- Senna died due to the injuries caused with a fatal accident in the San Marino Grand Prix in 1994, ironically Austrian driver Roland Ratzenberger too passed away in the same circuit, same year due to an accident caused during the practice sessions.
- Ayrton Senna’s nephew Bruno Senna, competed from
team“Hispania” for his very 1st F1 championship in 2010.