Friday, November 18, 2011

Rugby Teams and their nicknames...

I'm writing this post as per few requests I received for me to note down the "nicknames" that are being commonly used for in the international arena. So though the post is gonna be small, I hope this will add value to at least some of you guys.
Here it goes!!!

(Please feel free to let me know if you've come across the nicknames for any other team, other than those listed).
{from L - R; clockwise - The Azzurri (Italy) , The Sea Eagles (Samoa), The Pumas (Argentina), The Red Dragons (Wales)}
 
International Team
Nickname
New Zealand
All Blacks
Australia
Wallabies
South Africa
Springboks
Wales
The Red Dragons
Argentina
The Pumas
Italy
Azzurri
Japan
Cherry Blossoms/ Brave Blossoms
Tonga
The Sea Eagles (kale Tahi)
France
Les Blues
Samoa
Manu Samoa
Fiji
Flying Fijians
Romania
The Oaks
USA
The Eagles
Namibia
Welwitschias/ Biltongboere

No comments:

Post a Comment